Monday, October 6, 2008

2 black eyes 1 busted lip and Road Rash...Thank you Jesus!

This story is just one of many where i know GOD spared my life and cared whether i lived or died when i didn't.
This was December 1994 in san fernando valley, Ca- all my life consisted of back than was medicating the pain i had inside through drugs and alcohol 24/7.
So this particular night i was walking down San Fernando rd looking, lets just say up to no good (i will elaborate on that on later blogs) so i was walking after being on about a 3 day binge with no sleep-I'm sure i looked like death- walking down the street with a cisco bottle in my hand drinking while i was walking and a car pulls up and asks would i like a ride, so i say sure and hop in.
Now this may sound crazy or even dangerous to most but hitchhiking (my thumb) was my only form of transportation from the age of 14-23 i hitchhiked all around Los Angeles and up and down California so it was nothing to me.
So i hop in with this guy and before i can barely close the car door another guy from the backseat hops up and puts a knife to my neck, while the driver of the car floors it (accelerates).
So the last thing i remember was rolling out the car and hitting the pavement hard!
When i finally come to i was at the nearest hospital with doctors and nurses all around me looking down while pouring ice cold water all on me.
Although as i talked to the homeys from the hood later people say they seen me cold knocked out with my head laying in the street with my feet on the curb-before someone called an ambulance for me.
i didn't have any insurance so the hospital rolled me out in a wheelchair the next day to a waiting cab and told me good luck, all bandaged up with 2 black eyes a fat lip and road rash all up and down the right side of my body ...but the good news is this occurrence sat me down long enough to spend Christmas with my family that year even though i was all beat up.
God knows exactly what he is doing - as we all know that could have turned out ALOT worse!
ALL GLORY TO GOD, FOR LOVING ME WHEN I DIDN'T EVEN LOVE MYSELF

1 comment:

Brian Hunt said...

That is a truly scary story. I was terrified for you in the past, even though I'm reading it now in the present and know that you made it through. I am really thankful that you are still here to write about it!